Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Ranger Creed

To many times we forget that many of our friends, neighbors and family are overseas doing a job that is to tough to handle. I have a friend who is an Army Ranger and he is definatley doing one of the toughest jobs in America today. Rangers eat breathe and live by  a creed. I thought in honor of him that I would post it here for all to see and inspire someone to reach out to any serivce memeber and let them know you appreciate them for all they are doing and that we have not forgotten them half way around the world most of these people have been away from their families for over a year and a half.....thats a long long time to be away from everything and everyone. Get in contact with the www.uso.com and send a service member a DVD, Magazine, Non-perishable food, or even just a letter. It would be appreciated more than you know!

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger,fully knowing the hazards of my profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor,and high "espirit de corps" of the Rangers. 
Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of a battle by land,sea or air, I accept the fact as a Ranger, my country expects me to move farther, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier. 
Never shall I ever fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task, whatever it may be. One hundred percent and than some. 
Gallently will I show the world that I am a specialy selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to superiors, my neatness of dress, and my care of my equiptment shall set the example for others to follow. 
Eenergetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle, for I am better trained and will fight them with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embaress my country. 
Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor

No comments: